Located on 1,800 acres north of downtown, this unique safari experience offers an array of wild and endangered animals including species from the continents of Africa, Asia, and Australia. Free-range enclosures allow antelopes, giraffes, and rhinos to roam free and has one of the most successful California condor breeding programs in the United States. Information: 619-231-1515. Behind the scenes experiences include:
- Caravan Safari. Opportunity to feed the giraffes in an open-air safari truck and visit with Asian and African birds and other mammals.
- Cheetah Safari. Meet and greet the star of Cheetah Run.
- Cart Safari. Tour around African inspired plains from the comfort of a safari cart.
- Flightline Safari. Take a birds-eye view as you glide along a zipline for two-thirds of a mile over animals and exhibits.
- Behind the Scenes Safari. From the comfort of a safari cart, travel to keeper-only areas with a professional guide to learn how the animals are cared for.